Date(s) - 04/22/2017
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Pure Gold Stables
GALLOPING, PACE, AND STEEPLECHASE CLINIC
Closing Date: April 18th
Picture you and your horse galloping on the 5/8 mile track at Pure Gold Stables. Then picture you and your horse together in balance and rhythm effortlessly shifting gears from an easy gallop at 350 mpm to a more serious pace of 450mpm or even 520mpm and know just what each of these speeds ‘feel’ like after practicing on a measured track. After mastering the gallop with the correct position, desired speed and balance; finish up the session by cruising over a few simulated steeplechase type fences.
The clinic will begin with a demonstration by Kyle Smith show the correct position for the rider, the various speeds and balance required with a discussion led by Jackie Smith. Both are USEA ICP certified instructors and both have competed in the “Classic” full format 3 day event with steeplechase. Kevin Smith is pictured, on one of his mounts (Tin Tin) at the VA Horse Park for the Preliminary long format where they placed second in the competition.
This clinic is for any rider who is interested in learning more about the proper galloping position, pace, and the thrill of ‘chase’. Riders will be grouped by experience and the speed and size of the fences will be appropriate for the level.
- On-line Registration preferred – payment must be received within on week of on line entry
- all riders must sign a Pure Gold Release Form
- parking is behind the event barn
- the event barn is behind the main barn
- the demo will be at 8:30, riders will meet on the track dress is cross country attire – vest and medical arms are recommended
- Clinic Fee: $50
- Overnight Stalls @ Pure Gold Stables: $45
- Day Stalls @ Pure Gold Stables: $20
Clinic fee: $50
LIMITED Stabling available: $25/ day $45/ night, $6/ bag shavings